2.26.2010

Goodies from Sewing Expo 2010




Aren't those fabrics dreamy?
So my dear husband (and our, then, one-month-old baby) took me to Sewing and Quilt Expo 2010 in Tampa a week ago. The event started on Feb 18 and lasted through Feb 20. We went on the last day, which was a Saturday.

It was my first time visiting the event. I found out about it 2 years ago and had wanted to go since then but didn't have the chance. So this year with me on maternity leave, I thoght I had time to go and plus my husband offered to drive me there so sewing expo I went!

The expo was nice though I thought it was going to be much bigger event. I had lots of fun though. Saw so many beautiful quilts! I don't quilt but I always have admiration to those who do. And of course, at the expo, I visited so many fabric vendors. Oh boy, was that fun or what. I swear, I felt like a kid in a candy store. I bought fabrics from 3 different vendors--one of them was the only vendor that sold Japanese imports.

If you are a sewist like me, I'd suggest you check out Sewing Expo. The admission was only $10/person (of you could buy ahead of time for $8/person).
For more information, go to: www.sewingexpo.com

5 comments:

Sandy said...

OMG, I am soo jealous that you got to go to a Sewing Expo! I need to look for something similar in Missouri. I am in LOVEEEE with all those fabrics you got, the Japanese ones are especially adorable!

Anna Joy said...

Those fabrics are dreamy! I love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Love these fabrics! I see the one that I mentioned on the Cakies give-away! You are lucky to have such a nice hub :)

Lita said...

one of these days, i will take pic of my whole fabric collection. too many but i can't stop buying more. sigh. somebody need to start a fabricaholic anonymous.

jozen said...

i'm so jealous, they don't have anything like that where i live. boo.